MOTTO OF NEW AGE GROUP
We are bastion of HAPPY AND HEALTHY HEARTS for everyone who
comes to us from whichever corner of the world:
NORTH, SOUTH, EAST OR WEST
WE ENDEAVOR TO NOURISH ACTIVE MINDS, HEALTHY BODIES AND HAPPY HEARTS
We achieve this by conducting educational seminars; playing joyful games and having fun-filled excursions.
We also believe in the following dictum:
GIVE GIVE GIVE & HELP HELP HELP TO: HSCF AND THE COMMUNITY
- We reach out to sick and lonely persons in our community.
- Bereavement services and counseling services are provided. Special discounts have been negotiated with funeral home/s.
- Any visitor or lonely person/s hospitalized is also attended and given the required help and advice.
- Every quarter, this Group goes to feed the homeless at rehab center for battered women run by the Coalition of Homeless. This year, we are also launching service at GIVE KIDS THE WORLD VILLAGE.
- Since 2012, Multi-Faith workshop has become annual event in the month of November wherein all FAITHS are represented.
- Needy students of SAT are provided financial help.
- On Grandparents day in September, international essay competition and on-the-spot drawing competition are held – all three generations are represented.
- We have also adopted one school of Ekal Vidayalya for the last three years.
- Conduct mega events like India's Republic day and Independence day in collaboration with HSCF authorities
- We volunteer in : HSCF Canteen ; conduct guided tours; mega events like Dussehra, Lohri, India Fest, etc. etc.
(1) WHERE WE ARE?
We have not left any stone unturned to enroll members to the Group. We have e-mailing list of over 1500 addresses of which more than 200 members have signed up for annual membership.
The Planning Group comprises of 14 persons of which four couples are most regular. Recently we recruited fresh members to Planning Group in lieu of the non-regular ones– we believe the new members would take more active part on a regular basis. Generally, the group meets once a month to plan for the monthly events. .Several Seminars on various health topics; yoga; wealth management; Tax laws, Social security; Wills; Trusts; Probate; Elders safety etc., have been conducted. Picnics, Cruises were also arranged.
Where we want to reach?
A. SHORT-TERM GOAL for 2016: Essay Competition for children at Grand Parents Day celebrations
- Essay competition for children at Grand parents day celebration
- One Picnic;
- One Excursion;
- One day cruise; Study Circles;
- Multi-faith workshop
- Grandparents Day – international essay competition and drawing competition
- + Seminars re Health; Insurance; Tax; Wealth Planning;
- Revive Study/Book Group
- Organize India's Republic day and Independence day in collaboration with the HSCF authorities
- Revive Study/Book group
- Promote sub groups like Chess; Bridge; Carom, etc
B. LONG TERM GOAL: b.1: Well beginnings of all BIG things are small!!! Our aspiration is to become a HUB for the baby-boomers of Indian Origin and HSCF to become at par with centers for Indians established at Canada, England, Los Angeles, and Chicago. As more and more retirees from North continue to move to this wonderful WARM land, we would like to be geared to WELCOME and provide them with a common meeting place. If we continue to receive the usual support from all of you, HSCF management as well as honored contributors, our dreams would soon be fulfilled.
b.2 : To have an independent Activity Room where the Seniors could have games like table tennis, carom, chess, playing cards, newspapers, etc. etc. on a regular basis – this should be a hub of activities like any senior centers run by the State in various localities. This would benefit not only the seniors but also the juniors who could mingle with the seniors and learn from their experiences.
b.3: To have our own self-contained Living Quarters Complex.
NB: THIS IS A SELF-SUPPORTING GROUP – YOU ARE WELCOME TO CONTRIBUTE GENEROUSLY TO ENHANCE IT FURTHER – ALL CONTRIBUTIONS ARE TAX FREE – WRITE CHECKS TO “HSCF” IN MEMO KINDLY WRITE : “NEW AGE GROUP” and mail it to :
HSCF NEW AGE (SENIORS) GROUP
c/o Madan Arora,
569 Horseman Drive,